VIRTUAL Friends’ Weekend!
Saturday, August 14, 2021, 1pm-5pm Eastern Time (10am-2pm Pacific)
Join us for our second Virtual Friends’ Weekend and 47th Annual Friends’ Weekend! We will have Shaker educational programming, singing, and plenty of laughter. Your admission “ticket” will gain access for you and your household to our live Zoom event. Your private Zoom link will be emailed.
Your registration fee, membership renewal, auction bids, and additional donations to the Friends of the Shakers through the donate link on our Biddingowl page ensures that the Friends of the Shakers is able to provide consistent financial gifts to the Shakers, particularly at this critical time of COVID-19 closures.
Please also consider online shopping or even a direct donation to help generate some cash flow for operating expenses at Shaker Village while our physical stores and museum are closed: maineshakers.com/shop
Saturday, August 14, 2021
1pm-5pm Eastern via Zoom
- 1:00pm-1:45pm: Friends of the Shakers Annual Meeting No fee is required for this portion, members may simply email us for the link.
- 1:45pm-2:15pm: Round Table Discussion with Brother Arnold: “The Sayings of Mother Lucy” honoring 200 years since her passing
- 2:15pm-2:45pm: “A Look at Mother Lucy from a More Precise Perspective” with Steve Paterwic
- 2:45pm-3:15pm: Tour & Discussion of the Sisters’ Shop with Michael Graham, Shaker Museum & Library Director celebrating 200 year anniversary
- 3:15pm-4pm: Highlight of Recent Museum Acquisitions with Michael Graham
- 4pm-4:30pm: Auction Items final viewing & bidding (closes online at 5pm)
- 4:30pm-5pm: Shaker Music Sing-Along
Registration fee: $40 FOS members / $65 non-members
Non-member tickets are limited.
Not yet a member? That’s ok! If you’d like a discounted Friends of the Shakers member ticket, you can become a member online right now and immediately select the discounted ticket option. Add membership to your cart by clicking here!
We understand that some people may be having a tough year financially. If you are unable to pay the registration fee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you out privately.
Please note that the Shakers’ Sunday Service remains closed to the public.
Call (207) 926-4597 with any questions or email email@example.com